Massachusetts Ambulance Association
Position Description | Updated March 4, 2022
Interested candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Massachusetts Ambulance Association (MAA) board seeks a highly skilled leader to serve as the organization’s chief executive. The Executive Director is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The successful Executive Director will effectively promote the MAA and its public policy initiatives while engaging EMS providers and other stakeholders.
- Manage the annual membership renewal process.
- Drive sustained membership growth through marketing and communications to ambulance services and EMS vendors.
- Facilitate annual Association strategic planning to set short and long term goals. In collaboration with board leaders, sustain progress toward these objectives.
- Manage contracts with the Association’s vendors and contractors, including but not limited to attorneys, accountants, insurance brokers, and lobbyists.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in federal and state emergency medical services (EMS) policy, reimbursement, patient care, licensure, and regulation. Support advocacy efforts driven by the board and lobbyists.
- Engage members, legislators, regulators, and other partners to advance advocacy for the EMS profession.
- Ensure compliance with MAA by-laws and adopted governance structure.
- Communicate routinely and effectively with members and board leaders. Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals as appropriate.
- Grow and manage social media channels.
- Develop agendas and take minutes for all board, membership, and committee meetings. Manage the Association content calendar.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and develop monthly financials for board review.
- Identify, engage, and support outside CPA firm for an annual audit.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to allow the MAA to carry out its work.
- Draft official correspondence of the organization and execute legal documents.
- Plan and execute MAA education and events at the direction of the board.
- Represent MAA members at local, state, regional, and national meetings and conventions as directed by the board.
- Collaborate with the board and committee chairs on industry educational events for MAA members.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare regulations and public policy in Massachusetts.
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and website content management systems.
- Experience association management, event planning, and/or nonprofit management are a significant plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About the Massachusetts Ambulance Association
The Massachusetts Ambulance Association is the trade association for private ambulance services throughout the Commonwealth. Our association members employ over 6,000 employees and operate 80% of all licensed ambulances within our state. Together our members advocate for the policy supporting the highest quality pre-hospital care. www.massambulance.org