Due to the worsening public health threat caused by COVID-19, the Massaschusetts Ambulance Association board has been advised to cancel the Certified Ambulance Documentation Specialist Course scheduled to be hosted in Lynnfield. It will be rescheduled for a later date after the epidemic has subsided.
Registrants for this course may either:
- Hold your seat for a rescheduled session on a to be determined future date. (No action is required for this option.)
- Request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience as the Massachusetts Ambulance Association charts a course through this serious and rapidly evolving situation.
CANCELLED COURSE DETAILS
Certified Ambulance Documentation Specialist By NAAC
March 13, 2020 10:00am
Davio's Italian Steakhouse | Lynnfield, MA
Check-in opens at 9:30 am. Class runs 10:00am–3:00pm.
A light working lunch will be provided.
Download a brochure about the NAAC CADS program.
Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse
1250 Market Street
Lynnfield, Massachusetts 01940
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am Registration
- 10:00 am to 10:10 am Welcome and CADS Introduction
- 10:10 am to 10:40 am Lesson 1 – The EMS Documentation Framework
- 10:40 am to 11:10 am Lesson 2A –Clinical Narratives – Core Principles of Clinical Narratives
- 11:10 am – 11:20 am BREAK
- 11:40 am to 12:00 pm Lesson 2B – Clinical Narratives – Formatting the Clinical Narrative
- 12:00 pm to 12:20 pm WORKING LUNCH
- 12:20 pm to 1:00 pm Lesson 3 – Documenting Consent, Refusals and Special Situations
- 1:00 pm to 1:20 pm Lesson 4 – Documenting Reimbursement Information
- 1:20 pm to 1:50 pm Lesson 5 – Documenting Medical Necessity
- 1:50 pm – 2:00 pm BREAK
- 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm Lesson 6: Documenting the Reason for Transport
- 2:20 pm to 2:40 pm Lesson 7 – Signatures
- 2:40 pm to 3:10 pm FINAL EXAM
About the CADS Certification
The Certified Ambulance Documentation Specialist (CADS) certification is the first offered by NAAC that is specifically geared for EMTs, paramedics and other EMS field practitioners. It is also appropriate for EMS QA/QI personnel, supervisors/managers, compliance officers, billers and anyone else involved in EMS clinical care or any aspect of the ambulance service revenue cycle.
Every one of your agency’s EMS field providers should take the CADS course. Having providers at your agency with the CADS credential shows a true commitment to quality care and top-notch documentation by your agency.
The CADS certification can give providers the edge by:
- Opening new doors
- Advancing their career
- Improving their status as a healthcare professional
The CADS course is designed to be completed in 5-6 hours of course instruction, followed by a final exam. The CADS certification is a lifetime certification with no annual recertification requirements. Well worth the investment for a lifetime of better documentation.
NAAC represents the industry’s “Gold Standard of Excellence” in compliance, ethics and integrity in all facets of ambulance compliance.
NAAC provides premier training and education to ambulance billing, coding and compliance professionals and field providers through its 4 certifications:
NAAC provides industry-specific training that gives each Ambulance Biller, Compliance Officer or Privacy Officer or Documentation Specialist a solid baseline of critical knowledge necessary to become well-informed, conscientious, compliant and proficient in their profession.
NAAC also fulfills an industry-wide need for reliable and timely recurrent education for ambulance compliance officers, privacy officers and billing staff, to ensure consistent, ongoing compliance with the ever changing, complex rules and regulations affecting the industry.
NAAC-certified professionals maintain their competency through annual continuing education requirements. NAAC provides and accredits a wide range of continuing education programs throughout the year, both in classroom and online offerings.